Be Prepared, Never Get Out-Worked
• Nobody will work harder than me on a case.
Perform Top-Quality Legal Work
• Provide clients with sophisticated, high-level legal work on paper and in the courtroom.
Be Tough and Professional
• Hard, fair blows are part of the legal system and part of successfully defending a case. My clients demand and require toughness. Scorched-earth tactics are usually bad for the current client and the many others that follow.
• A lawyer’s job is to advocate for his or her client effectively. Being a skillful advocate means communicating with people in a clear, direct manner.
Have Integrity, Respect, and Humility
• Defending someone’s freedom requires integrity, respect, and humility. Honesty and the truth are an advocate’s most powerful weapons.